Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pralines

I love New Orleans Pralines.  I used to not like pecans, but now I love them! These are easy and tasty...just make sure the temp reaches 238-240 degrees! 

(side note: It's important, when making candy, that you meet the required temperature of the boiling mixture.  If not, they will not harden properly once placed on aluminum foil.  Trust me, this has happened to me!)

You Will Need~

~1 1/2 cups sugar
~3/4 cups dark brown sugar
~1/2 cup milk
~6 Tablespoons butter
~1 teaspoon vanilla
~1 cup pecans, chopped


Combine all ingredients in a small pot.  Boil until temperature reaches 238 degrees.



Remove from heat, stirring constantly, about 3-5 minutes, until it thickens.  Take a medium size spoon and spoon onto aluminum foil. 

YUMMY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment