Monday, September 12, 2011

Diaper Cake

I made my first ever "diaper cake" this weekend for my sister's baby shower.   Even though it's obviously not edible, I still had to put it on here!   It's really easy to make, just a little time-consuming.

You will need...

~70 diapers (a pack of 70 costs around 16.00 @ Walmart)
~a bunch of rubber bands
~a card board cake plate to place the finished product on
~a center...could be baby bottles (I did a bottle of wine)


                    
Basically, all you have to do is place the item in middle and wrap diapers around it to create tiers.  Roll each individual diaper with a rubber band.   When you get done with each circle on the tier, wrap all diapers with a rubber band.  You can hide the rubber band with a bow like I did.   The bottom tier has 3 parts, the inside(diapers wrapped around the wine bottle), middle and outside.  There are a lot of YouTube videos and you can get as creative as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment