Friday, February 8, 2013

Ash Wednesday & Lent

Ash Wednesday is next week. It's the day after Mardi Gras - everyone parties until midnight - and then is stops. The season of Lent leads up to Easter (40 days). It lasts from Ash Wednesday to Maundy Thursday (Easter Eve) and it's a spiritual time, especially for the Catholic faith - a time of reflection. My husband is Catholic and I'm Episcopal. They are pretty similar in beliefs - we have a Bishop instead of the Pope, being a major difference. No meat on Fridays - so in my household I will be making a lot of seafood. A lot of people "give up" something for Lent. One of my friends gave up alcohol once. I have chosen to give up Facebook. Can I REALLY go 40 days with no status updates,check-ins, looking everyone's cute baby and pet pictures? I will have to because I have already made a promise that I will not be on Facebook. It may require prayer - when I have the temptation. I will still have Instigram and my blog though. I'm going back to the era of no Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment