Friday, February 8, 2013

King Cake!

King Cake is special to the Mardi Gras season. It comes in all different flavors and fillings - cinnamon, cream cheese, raspberry, chocolate. My favorite is the traditional cinnamon king cake. It's topped with icing and then sprinkles of the colors of Mardi Gras - purple, green and gold. Sometimes a little plastic baby can be found inside. However, now because of choking hazards, most bakeries put the baby on the outside of the cake. Whoever gets the baby on their piece has to bring the next king cake to the party!
The inside looks like this....
This particular year of Mardi Gras has extra special meaning. This was when I met my husband at Mardi Gras in New Orleans! A big group of us in college went down for the festivities. I was on Canal Street (drinking a "Hand Grenade"- they're deadly!) and that's the spot I met my husband. The rest is history! We are getting ready to celebrate 8 years together! - I'm so glad I caught this bead at the Bacchus Parade. It will always be close to my heart:)

No comments:

Post a Comment