Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Red Velvet Brownies

So yummy..I could eat half of the pan!! (but I'm not going to because I'm trying to get back into shape..haha - as I bite into one of these delicious, moist brownies!)


**Recipe from Southern Living**

INGREDIENTS

4 oz Bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 (1 oz) bottle liquid red food coloring
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 350.

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave in 20 second intervals for about 1 minute.  Pour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Add eggs one at a time and then food coloring. Add flour and baking powder and stir in mixture.  Finally, add vanilla extract and salt.  Make sure all is stirred in well. 

Pour into a well greased baking dish - bake for 40-45 minutes.  Let cool and add frosting if you would like.  I'm not a huge fan of frosting on brownies (I know, it's crazy), but buttercream frosting would be great on these.









No comments:

Post a Comment